This walkthrough outlines the process that is needed to get your computer,
using Mac OSX, connected to the Internet using a regular dial-up modem.
Step 1: Setup Internal Modem
- Click the Apple menu.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Double click Network.
- In the Show field choose Internal Modem
or Modem Port.
- Choose the PPP tab.
Figure 1 - PPP Setup
- Enter TeraByte as the Service Provider.
- Using lowercase letters, enter your username and password.
- Select Save Password if you do not want to enter your password
- Enter your local dialup access number in the Telephone Number
NOTE: If you subscribe to Call Waiting on your phone line, ensure that
it is disabled. If this service is not disabled while you're connected to
the Internet, an incoming call will disconnect the modem. .
- Click Apply Now to save your settings.
- Click the X in the upper, left corner to close the window.
Step 2: Connect to the Internet
- When you're ready to dial-up to the Internet, open the Applications
folder in your Hard Drive and double click the Internet Connect application.
Figure 2 - Connect
- Enter your TeraByte Internet services password, if it has not already been
- Click Connect.